Build with Mowblox: Why you should become a Blockchain developer
April 6, 2023
Blockchain developers are one of the most in-demand talents in the tech space currently and market indications show that this demand isn’t slowing down anytime soon.
If you are a developer or are in the tech space, I’m guessing you must have come across the terms blockchain technology, decentralized applications, and smart contracts. But what do these really mean and why should you care about them. Well, let’s connect the dots and see if this is something you should take a second look at.
Smart contracts are computer codes on the blockchain that are programmed to execute on their own when a set of predetermined conditions are met. These contracts form the basis for how decentralized applications work.
Put simply, the underlying technology behind decentralized applications is blockchain technology and this is how it works, computer codes called smart contracts need to be built and executed before transactions can take place within decentralized applications.
Are we making progress yet? I guess so. But still, why should we care about all this?
According to marketsandmarkets, the global blockchain market size crossed $7.4 billion dollars in 2022 and is anticipated to exhibit a CAGR of 66.2% to reach over $94 billion dollars by the end of 2027.
What does this mean for software developers or aspiring blockchain developers? By these numbers we can see that there is a fast growing industry and this will be accompanied by a high demand for blockchain developers as well. This demand for blockchain technology in retail, banking and supply chain is expected to fuel the growth of the industry. But there is a limited availability of technical skillset for blockchain technology implementation, which is where the good news lies for you and exactly why you should care about upskilling and becoming a blockchain developer.
How do you become a blockchain developer or a smart contract programmer?
- You absolutely do not need to have a programming background to start but if you do, it will make things a bit easier.
- There are lots of resources to learn from and our free smart contract programming bootcamp is one of them (sign up for free here). You will learn how to write, compile and deploy your own smart contract. For a more comprehensive learning experience, you can purchase our smart contract programming course here.
- Join blockchain developer communities to get access to experts as well as possible job opportunities. The Build with Mowblox community is one of them and you can join here .
- Building live projects as a way to practice is the best way to learn.
Some careers in the blockchain industry include:
- Smart contract programming
- Smart contract auditing
- Penetration testing
- Technical sales
- UX design
- Information security analysis
- Technical writing and so on.
If you’ve come this far, you are still early. Take advantage of this and begin your career in the blockchain space.